Learn how YLEUK schools look after your childrenMore info
Young Learners English UK is a Special Interest Group of English UK for accredited providers of quality English language courses for Young Learners (we identify ‘Young Learners’ as children and teenagers aged from 7 to 17 years).
The group is committed to providing a safe and rewarding language learning experience for students while in the UK, through a commitment to offering the highest standards of welfare, management and teaching.
Our objectives are:-
- To raise the standard and profile of accredited courses for young learners in terms of content and quality.
- To continue to evaluate and improve standards of safety, welfare and child protection, in line with UK external advisory bodies (NSPCC, DCSF, NCSL)
- To enhance procedures and standards for staff selection, recruitment, and performance.
- To keep members up to date on the latest legislative changes and sector trends.
- To be the voice for Junior Course providers to the industry and the market.
- To represent the interests of members of the group at all times.
Providing opportunities for peer discussion and training so as to continuously advance standards within the sector.